MTN Share and Sell: How to transfer airtime to other subscribers. With MTN share and sell, you can easily transfer your airtime token to another MTN user and other networks. This is interesting right! Of course, it should be.
As they say, “There is love in sharing”. So likewise your airtime. You may choose to share your airtime with a friend or someone who is really in need of that and you wished to help but don’t have the physical cash to purchase airtime for the person OR sometimes you have enough airtime on your sim and just wanna share it to some people.
I can recall that a few years ago, my aunt who resides abroad like sending me airtime and you know what that means, that’s dollar to naira. So, I was looking for a way to turn the airtime into cash since it was too much for me to use it on calls alone. The first idea that came into my mind as of then was to use MTN share and sell and distribute the airtime to bet9ja outlets and believe me, this idea works perfectly well. However, due to my quest for more means of trading the airtime to cash without much stress, I stumble upon “aimtoget” where I do use to convert my airtime to cash.
Shaa, I wasn’t here to advertise aimtoget, so let’s go directly to the topic of the day. However, I know that till now, some persons don’t know what MTN share and sell is all about and as such, I will speedily give you a rundown of what we mean by MTN share and sell before showing you how to use it in transferring airtime from MTN-MTN and MTN-Other networks.
Overview of What MTN Share and Sell is All About
According to the Mtnonline web platform, they say that “MTN Share (formerly Share ‘N’ Sell) is a service that allows you to transfer airtime(credit) from your MTN account to other MTN customers’ accounts. Additionally, this service can be used by all new and existing prepaid and postpaid customers on the MTN network at no cost.
Things to Note Before Using MTN Share
Please note that:
- To successfully perform any transaction you’ll have to, first of all, change your transfer default pin. You will see how to change the pin below.
- The transfer is done only in Naira and not in Kobo
- The minimum amount you can transfer in a single transaction is NGN50.00 while the maximum is NGN5,000.0.
- You can transfer up to NGN100,000.00 from your phone to either a single or multiple MTN accounts every day.
- There is no boundary to the number of people you can transfer airtime to in a day.
- If you don’t have enough airtime to cover the amount you requested to transfer to someone, my dear, the transaction will not be completed and you will receive an error message.
- It’s also quite pertinent to note that, If you are a postpaid customer, you will only be able to transfer airtime when your account is positive. You will not be able to transfer airtime when your account is negative (-). For example, if your account balance is N-300.00. You will not be able to use MTN Share. On the other hand, if your account balance is N1,000.00 you will be able to transfer airtime up to the available N1,000.00 in your account.
How to Change Transfer Pin on Mtn
As I said earlier that before you can perform any form of transfer with MTN share, you need to change your default transfer pin which is 0000.
The 0000 default pin was automatically assigned to you by MTN for making transfers. So, now you’ll have to change it, so as to be in control of your transfers since everybody knows that the MTN default transfer pin is 0000, and someone with your phone can easily temper and go away with your airtime and may even change the pin sef. So that’s why you must change this pin for security reasons.
With respect to that, MTN provided two methods (ways) you can use in changing your Transfer pin and these are;
- Via text messages
- Via USSD Code
Now, let’s look at how you can use any of the above-mentioned methods to reset your pin.’
To reset your MTN share transfer pin using the Text message option, all you need to do is to pick up your mobile phone and then go to message, then create a new message using this format “Default pin[space]New pin[space]New pin” and then send to it 777.
Alternatively, you can choose the use the USSD Code option.
To rest the transfer pin using the USSD option, all you have to do is to dial *600*Default pin* New pin* New pin#
For example: if your new pin is 1983 then using your phone dial *600*0000*1122*1122# and send(call).
Some people do ask questions like “Why should I use MTN share and sell service?”. Though I’ve earlier stated few reasons in the 2nd paragraph of this content, I will still give you more reasons why you should use MTN share;
- With this, you can transfer your airtime from MTN to other networks
- Additional, your airtime transfers are always secure because you can only make transfers with your PIN which should be known only to you.
- This service is open to both old and new prepaid and postpaid MTN customers.
READ ALSO: How to Share Data on MTN (Updated Guide)
How to Transfer Airtime with MTN Share
Just as the Pin resetting process has two methods, that’s also applicable to the transfer process. You can choose to use either the Message method or USSD.
Nonetheless, I will give you a brief and detailed guide on how to transfer airtime using any of the two options.
How to transfer airtime using SMS
- Send an SMS with Transfer, Recipient’s Number, Amount and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
- Upon sending this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777.
How to transfer airtime using USSD
- Dial *777*Recipient’s Number*Amount*PIN# on your phone and then click on send/press OK. For example, dial*777*08031234567*1500*1234# and then send/OK. When the transfer has been completed, you will receive a message informing you that the transfer was successful.
Our Final Thought on This!
Now that you’ve seen how to activate MTN airtime transfer guide, what’s your next line of action? Don’t you think that someone else out there might be looking for this information? Yes, others are looking for this.
So what’s, is holding you not to share it with them now that you’ve seen it? Just click on any of our share buttons below that interest you and boom you are there on the right sharing track…
Please use any of the share buttons below to share this information across!!!! CHEERS
Find us at the office
Ortlip- Vogeli street no. 79, 95103 Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis
Give us a ring
+17 650 778 112
Mon - Fri, 11:00-22:00